rufio costume

I \'ve been making Halloween costumes for my brother for years, and the challenge this year is Rufio in the movie Hook.
Here you will find all the steps to make this outfit and I hope you like it!
Supply: Black artificial leather, black canvas fabric, fusible interface, red fabric, black thread, black embroidery thread, sewing machine, wood beads, embroidery needle, scissors, iron, drill pin, colored pencil and paper.
I first watched the movie Hook and outlined the idea of how the jacket should be constructed.
Once I had a decent sketch and had a good idea of how to make it, I started making the pattern.
Because the dress was made for my brother, I used him as a model and put a few pieces of scrap cloth on him with a pin to make the shape of the jacket.
Once the shape is implemented and all the seams are marked, I transfer this design to the paper pattern.
Before I used any of my good fabrics, I made a sample jacket for the test fit.
Once it was decided to fit, I started cutting the jacket pieces from faux leather and sewing the seams together.
For the shoulder at the top, I used a layer of black canvas and an easy-to-melt interface to thicken it.
On my sewing machine, I made a quilting pattern with straight seams.
I use a ruler and a white colored pencil to mark the guide before each shot to keep them straight and evenly spaced, and then wipe the colored pencil mark with a damp cloth.
I make arm stripes by cutting the fabric strips, folding the edges and stitching them down.
I used 52 stripes in total.
I sew each edge on the shoulder seam, alternating the color.
I added the wood beads to the edges and knotted at the tip to prevent the beads from falling off.
I have to drill a larger hole on each bead so that the stripes can go through the hole.
The back \"tail\" of the jacket is made of two pieces of faux leather before and after.
I marked the stripes with a ruler and a white pencil.
When I stitch the fabric together, I use pins to keep the fabric in place.
Then separate the pieces with scissors.
Next, I add the wood beads to the edge of the tight fit and do not need to be knotted.
I added some manual to finish this jacket
Stitching details at the pocket opening and bracket seams.
I use embroidery thread and embroidery needle.
Supply: red wig, black hair gel, scissors, razor blade, comb, tin paper, rubber
Belt, binder, tape, wig frame (
I use round pillows), plastic bag.
I started by putting the wig on the shelf so I could cut it off and shape it easily.
Then straighten the hair with a comb.
Next, I began to divide my hair into parts.
I created 3 wide Mohawk, each with a thin hair.
I use rubber bands to prevent the bottom from lifting up.
I started cutting 4 separate hair with a blade.
I cut enough distance to see clearly 3 wide Mohawk areas.
After the cut, I combed the wig and got a clear shape.
The next step is to prepare the wig for the hair color.
I cut the aluminum foil into strips large enough to fold in the Mohawk Area.
I started at the Mohawk center and started wrapping my hair with foil.
I use a binder to prevent the foil from slipping and tape to prevent any foil edge from lifting up.
When I finished covering the Mohawk section with foil, I was ready to add the hair color.
I put the wig out and protected the holder from any spills with a plastic bag.
I started spraying black hair on the whole wig.
I need about 3 black coats to completely cover the red hair, using a total of 2 cans of spray.
When I finished spraying the color, I let the wig dry overnight.
When the wig was dry, I removed all the foil and clips.
Then comb the hair and the shape is good.
Supply: old shoes, red felt, scissors, tacky glue, small foam brush, board, binder, paper clip, electrical tape, safety pin, stapler.
To make red shoes, I applied the red felt fabric to an old pair of shoes with a foam brush and sticky glue.
I used the seams of my shoes as a guide to cutting each piece of fabric, leaving something extra that I could trim later on.
I added adhesive and paper clip to the edge to prevent the fabric from lifting.
I used an oversized felt in the toe area so I could secure the fabric to the bottom.
This helps mold the fabric around the toe and prevents the fabric from folds.
I dried the glue for 24 hours.
Then trim the extra felt on the shoes with scissors.
I added tape around the sole to cover the felt edge and used some nails to prevent the tape from being lifted.
I poked a hole in the felt where my shoelaces slipped.
I removed all the clips from the shoes and inserted the red laces.
Supply: Plastic Sword, Gold painting, coconut, faux leather, paint, paint brush, felt, foam, electrical tape, handsaw, awl and knife.
The plastic handle of the sword is too wide to fit into the coconut, so I started fixing the sword on a pair with a saw and cutting off the excess plastic. I spray-
Apply the blade to gold and require 4 coats to fully cover all silver plastic.
Then let the paint dry completely.
While waiting for the sword to dry, I started working on the coconut handle.
I started by sucking all the coconut milk dry.
When the coconut is completely drained, I cut it in half.
I use the blunt side of the knife to tap steadily in the middle of the coconut until it is completely separated.
Once I chose half of what I was going to use as a handle, I removed the coconut meat.
I found it easiest to cut a small piece at a time with a knife.
Next, I cut a crack at the top of the coconut and let the blade of the sword slip through.
I made a slit with a saw blade;
From the hole I made to drain the coconut milk.
I painted different colors of brown on the coconut shell with paint and brush.
Then let the paint dry completely.
When both the sword and the coconut are completely dry, I insert the sword into the coconut.
I wrap the bottom of the blade with a thin layer of felt so that it can go through the slit tightly.
Then I wrapped the handle up with a layer of foam and fixed it tightly with tape.
I finished with faux leather and hand stitched closed handles.
The bone necklace is made with suede lint, bone beads, wood beads and a toggle buckle connected by a wire.
I added bronze paint on the bone beads to keep the old look.
Skull necklace is made with suede lint, spider charm, Red Feather, nail chain, skull charm, turtle charm using jump ring and wire connection and toggle buckle for closing.
I also added bronze paint to the skull.
The earrings are made using gold clips on the earrings, suede, red feathers, silver chains, and Scorpion charm connected with jump rings and wires.
Supply: black pants and Blade, I created various cracks on front and back trouser legs with blade and decided where I was going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Tips to Ordering Kitchen Cabinets Online

Guangdong NEW ENERGY Technology Development